Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Best Non-Dairy Smoothie You'll Ever Have

Hello!

Working at a camp is exhausting. Between spending 8-9 hours on my feet and dealing with screaming children, I'm beat by the end of the day. This means that waking up in the morning is definitely not my favorite part of the day, because, as always, sleep just sounds so much better. In an effort to break my coffee and adderall diet, I vowed to figure out some easy way to have breakfast in the morning. I finally decided on smoothies, and decided to start experimenting, since most of the recipes I found involved yogurt or milk (which I prefer my smoothies to be without). In an effort to increase the health benefits, I've also started adding chia and flax seeds for some extra protein and fiber.




Kiwi Berry Pomegranate Pineapple Smoothie

Ingredients:


  • 1/3 cup of blueberries
  • 1/3 cup of raspberries
  • 1 kiwi (peeled)
  • 6 oz pomegranate pineapple juice
  • 1 tbsp milled chia seeds
  • 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • crushed ice



(fruit washed and ready!)

(pomegranate/pineapple juice)
(measured out chia and flax seeds)
(almost ready!)

(the finished product!)
(so good :))

1 comment:

  1. this sounds amazing I'm obsessed with smoothies, I have one for breakfast every day without fail :) Will definitely have to try this recipe out! New follower of your blog, I'd love it if you could check out mine if you get chance and follow back if you like it? xx

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete