Sunday, July 28, 2013

Currently Listening...

Finding new music is one of my favorite things to do. I try and keep an open mind, so I end up listening to a variety of different types of music. In order to show you this variety, I thought I'd go in a completely opposite direction from last week's post on the Shins, and write about a rapper. Chance the Rapper is relatively new on the scene, and his music is the perfect balance between rap and hip-hop, I guess you could say. I tend to shy away from more intense rappers, and I love when I can catch the references they are making in their lyrics. I think this is why I love Chance so much, because every time I listen to a song I catch another witty line. He recently went on tour with Childish Gambino, who is another favorite rapper of mine. They have very similar styles, so if you like Childish you'll definitely like Chance. Even if you're not really into rap, I encourage you to give Chance a shot! 



No comments:

Post a Comment