Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Welcome Surprise

Hello!

I would say that family is pretty unique. Even though my parents have been divorced since I was seven, they have managed to remain fairly friendly with each other. Friendly enough that we even go on family vacations together! This year, things got pretty crazy. My mom decided to rent her house out for two years in order to take a sabbatical in South East Asia, and is spending this summer preparing for her trip and living in Upstate New York. Seeing as I'm away at college most of the time, it bummed me out that I wasn't going to be spending the summer with my mom. Luckily, due to the spaciness and planning issues that run in my family, there have been a couple welcome surprises (not pictured: my brother making a two day return before he heads off for the rest of the summer), including my mom coming home to send my brother off. After a long day of work, nothing beat the feeling of opening the door to see my mom sitting at the kitchen table. Although she did manage to drink the last coke in the fridge, she quickly made it up to me by a trip to the nail salon and some intense rounds of cards. Sometimes there's really nothing better than family.


(Nails: Essie's Lilacism, rings: [from left to right] family heirloom, Bonnaroo, Underground Designs, Bonnaroo, Disney, Tiffany's)



(Nails: Essie's Tarte Deco, Sandals: Ancient Greek Sandals, Toe Ring: Bonnaroo)


No comments:

Post a Comment