Sunday, July 28, 2013

Currently Reading....

In an attempt to get back into reading, I'm going to try and post about one of the last books I've read. Hopefully this will motivate me to keep reading, but we'll see. I used to read all the time, but when I get busy it seems like reading is always the first thing to go. However, when I picked up Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn, I could not put it down, and it definitely started to take priority over more important things. Although I enjoyed the first half of the book, I wasn't riveted by it. I thought the book was okay, but I didn't think it was worth all of the hype. Then I got to the twist. After that, everything changed. I was on the edge of my seat, and couldn't wait to finish it. Flynn does an excellent job of showing the flaws of all of her characters, much like George RR Martin does with the Game of Thrones series. Being an adoring fan of GoT, I loved that Flynn also put me in the situation where you see both the good and the bad of each character. It meant that I was never quite sure who I felt more empathy for, which I enjoyed. If you like mysteries, I'd highly recommend reading Gone Girl, especially before it becomes a movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment